Arizona Big Game Super Raffle Nets $669,065
August 1, 2019
Arizona Big Game Super Raffle nets $669,065 for Wildlife.
10 permit-tags, Swarovski optics package, N.M. elk hunt among prizes
Winners of the 14th annual Arizona Big Game Super Raffle were announced Thursday night at Arizona Game and Fish Department headquarters in Phoenix.
The prizes included a total of 10 Special Big Game Tags, one for each of the state’s big game species — bighorn sheep, elk, mule deer, white-tailed deer, pronghorn, bison, turkey, bear, javelina and mountain lion. The permit-tags were awarded by the Arizona Game and Fish Commission. Raffle tickets ranged from $5 to $25, depending on the species. A New Mexico elk hunt and Swarovski optics package also were raffled.
The 2019 Winners
• Bighorn sheep: Joe Schoendorf III, Grafton, Wis.
• Black bear: Kay Davidson, Mesa, Ariz.
• Bison: Mike Mancuso, Mesa, Ariz.
• Elk: Mark Stricker, Gering, Neb.
• Javelina: Ed Shippen, Yuma, Ariz.
• Mountain lion: Noel Bornmann, Spring Branch, Texas
• Mule deer: Cliff Findlay, Henderson, Nev.
• Pronghorn: Sean Donovan, Half Moon Bay, Calif.
• Turkey: Shane Gregory, Scottsdale, Ariz.
• White-tailed deer: Daryl Hall, Gilbert, Ariz.
• New Mexico elk hunt: Aleigha Farmer, Shamrock, Texas
• Swarovski optics package: Harold McPherson, Healdsburg, Calif.
The raffle is conducted by a nonprofit entity to raise money for Wildlife conservation efforts. A volunteer board of directors, comprised of representatives from sponsoring organizations, oversees the operation of the raffle.
Every dollar raised for each species through the raffle is returned to the department and managed by the Arizona Habitat Partnership Committee (AHPC) for that particular species. With input from local habitat partners across the state and sponsoring organizations involved in the fundraising, project priorities are determined that will provide the most benefit to each species.
For more information, visit http://arizonabiggamesuperraffle.com.