AZGFD Hunting And Angling Heritage Workgroup
October 1, 2018
Hello, and I hope everyone is doing fantastic. The Become a Hunting Mentor Trivia and Pint Night went excellent. We had about 35 attendees and 18 HAHWG reps at this first-time event and the room was buzzing with interest, engagement and buy in. Ryan will be sending out more details, but I wanted to give you a quick update. Thank you all for your input, support and contributions.
JOB OPPORTUNITIES (LOTS)
I've gotten a number of notices of job openings in Conservation and R3 that I've been meaning to share, there's bound to be a fit for someone. A few of these close this week, so dig in if you are interested. I suspect HAHWG
members are some of the most knowledgeable and qualified in the nation for these roles.
NWTF - all posted here: https://nwtf.applicantpro.com/jobs/
- *Fundraising Event Coordinator* - Edgefield, South Carolina, As a key member of the volunteer relations team, this position will focus on research and analytics on donations from past for future convention
- *Warehouse Associate* - Seasonal Full-time - Edgefield, South Carolina, full-time seasonal Warehouse Associate. This position requires a team player with a can do attitude.
- *Regional Director* - Iowa - Iowa City, Iowa, A salaried employee, the Regional Director (RD I) is responsible for volunteer recruitment and communication, organizing and servicing all NWTF
- *Regional Director/Director of Development* - Northwest - Los Angeles, California, responsible for securing major gift commitments of $5,000+ in support of the mission and pro.
- *District Biologist* - Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa - Rochester, Minnesota, a permanent, full-time district Wildlife biologist to manage conservation delivery in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa.
- *District Biologist* - Kentucky and Tennessee - Bowling Green, Kentucky, a permanent, full-time district Wildlife biologist to manage conservation delivery in Kentucky and Tennessee.
- *Forester* - Louisiana, a full-time, term limited (minimum of 2 yrs.) Forester to work in Louisiana.
- *Registration and Event Coordinator* - Edgefield, South Carolina, support the Convention & Events Manager as needed. Job will focus on coordinating convention registration for most of the year and coordinating meetings for part of the year.
- *Membership Marketing Specialist* - Edgefield, South Carolina, assists Director of Membership Marketing with evaluation and execution of print and digital membership acquisition, engagement and retention marketing activities to meet the goals
- *Vice President of Development*, The Vice President of Development will lead the organizations’ national growth initiatives, and will oversee and conduct all fundraising, cultivation, communications and solicitation
activities of Sportsmen’s Alliance and its Foundation.
- *Content Manager*, Are you tired of hunting getting an unfair shake in the media? Do you want to keep the animal-rights movement from destroying hunting? AND … are you willing to put your name on the line and square off publicly with people who hate hunting (and probably you) in order to protect it?
Oregon Fish and Wildlife
- *Program Analyst 2 (Angler Education Coordinator)*, grow participation in fishing by implementing a wide variety of programs that teach youth, families and adults how to fish. This position coordinates the Department's statewide Angler Education (AE) program, which includes overall coordination of Family Fishing Events, development of strategic partnerships with industry and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO)
partners, and oversight of several hundred volunteer Angler Education instructors throughout the state.
Council to Advance Hunting and Shooting Sports
- *Manager of R3 Projects and Community Engagement* - This contract position will assist the Director of Business Development and Director of Programs to advance a national movement focused on the recruitment,
retention, and reactivation (R3) of hunters and recreational target shooters. The Manager of R3 Projects and Community Engagement will be responsible for growing and increasing community engagement within the
award-winning National R3 Community, while also helping to assist key national R3 projects. This is a full-time, 12-month contract position.
*EVENTS, CAMPS, R3 START NOW!*
It's finally that time of year, youth deer season opens Friday, with following season next week, squirrel opens and there's a lot going on and tons of events to check out, pitch in, or just take a look to see how things work. Here's a quick laundry list, details at: https://register-ed.com/programs/arizona/170-outdoor-skills-network
- *Prescott Youth Deer Hunting Camp - AMDO* 10/4/2018 10/7/2018 Kevin Hall Perkinsville Road & FS 164 19A Camp Chino Valley 4 - Intermediate
- *Unit 1 Squirrel Hunting Camp - YOU* 10/5/2018 10/7/2018 Donna K Greene Potato Patch by the Hobbit Tree Greer 2 - Beginner
- *Outdoor Skills, Squirrel Hunting and Fishing Camp* 10/5/2018 10/7/2018 Joe Sayer Colcord Campground - Tonto NF Payson-Heber 2 - Beginner
- *Unit 9 Youth Deer Hunt Camp - MDF* 10/11/2018 10/14/2018 Julie Jacobs Unit 9 Deer Camp Valle 4 - Intermediate
- *Unit 22 & 23 Punkin Center Youth Deer Hunt Camp - AMDO* 10/11/2018 10/14/2018 Dave King Punkin Center Hunt Camp Punkin Center 4 - Intermediate
- *Unit 27 Youth Deer Hunt Camp - AMDO* 10/11/2018 10/14/2018 Thomas Reed Unit 27 AMDO Deer Camp Alpine 4 - Intermediate
- *Unit 23 Youth Deer and cow elk Camp - ADA* 10/11/2018 10/14/2018 Renee Bruns Colcord Campground - Tonto NF Payson-Heber 4 - Intermediate
- *Kaibab Youth Deer Hunters Base Camp* 10/12/2018 10/13/2018 Rich Leightner North Rim Grand Canyon 12A Deer Camp Jacob Lake 4 - Intermediate
- *White Mountain Youth Elk Hunter's Camp - RMEF* 10/12/2018 10/14/2018 Rusty Rogers Sheep Corral, Green's Peak Hunt Camp Greer 4 - Intermediate
KEEP BEING AWESOME, AND THE LEADERS OF R3 IN THE USA.
Post pics, share the fun at: https://www.facebook.com/OutdoorSkillsNetwork/
DOUGLAS A BURT | (R3) HUNTING & SHOOTING MANAGER
ARIZONA Game And Fish DEPARTMENT
azgfd.gov | 5000 West Carefree Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85086