Arizona Big Game Super Raffle
Arizona Big Game Super Raffle Nets Record $692,590 For Wildlife
September 1, 2018
Prizes included 10 permit-tags, Swarovski optics package, N.M. elk hunt.
The prizes won during the Super Raffle included a total of 10 Special Big Game Tags, one for each of the state's big game species - bighorn sheep, elk, mule deer, white-tailed deer, pronghorn, bison, turkey, bear, javelina and mountain lion. The permit-tags were awarded by the Arizona Game and Fish Commission.
Raffle tickets ranged from $5 to $25, depending on the species. A New Mexico elk hunt and Swarovski optics package also were raffled.
In the 13-year history of the raffle, almost $6.8 million has been raised for wildlife and wildlife management in Arizona. This year's event generated a record $692,590, topping the previous record of $673,600 in 2017.
Winners of the 13th annual Arizona Big Game Super Raffle The 2018 winners are as follow:
• Bighorn sheep: Erik Bedard, Cumberland, Ontario, Canada
• Black bear: Robert Morse, Fort Mohave, Ariz.
• Bison: Paul Miles, Mesa, Ariz.
• Elk: Vince Bloom, Galt, Calif.
• Javelina: Phil Townsend, Yuma, Ariz.
• Mountain lion: Byron Robinette, Placentia, Calif.
• Mule deer: David Plueard, Glendale, Ariz.
• Pronghorn: Tony Miller, Joseph City, Ariz.
• Turkey: Daniel Angel, Trinity, N.C.
• White-tailed deer: Tol Gavett, Paradise, Calif.
• New Mexico elk hunt: Craig Lockard, Humbolt, Texas
• Swarovski optics package: Vidal Granillo, Tucson, Ariz.
The raffle is conducted by a nonprofit entity to raise money for wildlife conservation efforts. A volunteer board of directors, comprised of representatives from sponsoring organizations, oversees the operation of the raffle.
Every dollar raised for each species through the raffle is returned to the department and managed by the Arizona Habitat Partnership Committee (AHPC) for that particular species. With input from local habitat partners across the state and sponsoring organizations involved in the fundraising, project priorities are determined that will provide the most benefit to each species.
For more information, visit http://www.arizonabiggamesuperraffle.com.
Go to http://www.westernoutdoortimes.com/search/arizona_big_game_super_raffle for stories on past raffles.