We Wish You Tight Lines And A Great Catch
October 1, 2022
There are so many opportunities to enjoy angling in Arizona. Here are a few to add to your tackle box.
Editor's Note: Fishing is one of the most popular outdoor activities in Arizona; both tournaments and fun family angling events are available almost every month of the year. There is not room here to even begin to cover them all, but here are a few sites to check for upcoming events.
Arizona Game & Fish Department Volunteer
The Arizona Game and Fish Department is seeking volunteers to help build and install fish habitat at Lakeside Lake in Tucson on Saturday October 8th from 7:00 am to 12:00 noon. We will be building Georgia Cubes and Mossback habitat structures. Please bring a set of work gloves, water and snacks if you plan on joining us on the project. We will be building near the northeast side boat ramp. We look forward to working with you! If you have any questions feel free to call Bryant Dickens at 623-236-7593.
For more information and to view monthly fishing reports, visit: https://www.azgfd.com/fishing/Fish AZ Network (https://fishaz.azgfd.com ›)
Arizona has extensive opportunities and destinations to go fishing, from a local pond to a remote mountain stream, but many don't know where to get started. The Arizona Game and Fish Department's FishAZ Network brings all these opportunities in one place offering instructional and educational events, hands-on beginner fishing events, and other fishing based on your skill level and interest.
Our fishing courses are conducted in a safe environment and are designed for the beginning to intermediate skill level, but anyone at any skill level can take advantage of the program offerings. Our program is all inclusive, and strives to provide a quality experience to all. Our goal is to encourage a healthy lifestyle through spending time outdoors, promoting physical activity, making memories together, learning about wildlife conservation and highlighting the health benefits of consuming locally-harvested fish.
• Learn more about fishing, stockings, fishing reports, water levels, regulations and more at http://www.azgfd.gov/fishing.
• Introductory - Non-live fishing events, classroom, lessons, demonstrations, practice, equipment, casting practice, types of knots and tackle setups, species info, biology, habitats, etc. (Examples for reference only: Casting training / demos in the lawn, equipment types and uses, baits and tackle, hands-on habitat projects, webinars, etc.)
• Beginner - Beginner fishing events, equipment provided, basic reel and tackle combos, instruction, catching fish, cleaning fish, cooking fish, locally area waters, other outdoor recreation activities. (Examples for reference only: Public fishing event, kids fishing day, fishing festival, free fishing day, fishing derby, etc.)
• Developing - Progressive fishing using your equipment, streams, rivers and lakes near local areas, advanced tackle, lures and casting, where to fish, when and why, different fish species and approaches, cleaning / filleting fish, cooking as well as catch and release techniques and ethics. (Examples for reference only: In the field fishing event travel might be required, lake campout or day trip fishing, work / habitat project fishing event combination.)
• Intermediate - Mountain water fishing, advanced casting, equipment and tackle, more challenging / rarer fish species, use of watercraft (boats, kayaks, canoes, float tubes) trolling, specialty baits and lures. (Examples for reference only: Float tube fishing, kayak fishing trips, destination fishing, overnight campout fishing events.)
• Experienced - Remote fishing location, unique / rare destinations, specialty species, challenges, tournaments, using electronics, watercraft, advanced fishing experiences. (Examples for reference only: Backpack fly-fishing trip, destination hike in fishing, fishing tournaments, Trout Challenge trip, Native fish Challenge trip.)
Upcoming Arizona Events (Family Campouts)
Kartchner Caverns State Park Benson
o Saturday, October 1, 2022 9:00am - 11:45pm
Lake Havasu State Park Lake Havasu City
o Saturday, October 15, 2022 9:00am - 11:45pm
Roper Lake State Park Safford
o Saturday, October 22, 2022 9:00am - 11:45pm
Oracle State Park Oracle
o Saturday, November 5, 2022 9:00am - 11:45pm
Tombstone Courthouse State Historic Park Tombstone
o Saturday, November 19, 2022 9:00am - 11:45pm
Lost Dutchman State Park Apache Junction
o Saturday, December 10, 2022 9:00am - 11:45pm
Becoming an Outdoors-Woman Camp
Saguaro Lake Ranch Mesa
o Friday, January 20, 2023 3:00pm - 8:00pm
Becoming an Outdoors-Woman Camp
Friendly Pines Camp Prescott
o Friday, April 28, 2023 3:00pm - 8:00pm
More Angling Events Ahead
Oct. 10- Oct. 12:WON Bass 40th Anniversary U.S. Open Fishing Tournament, Laughlin, Nev. (https://wonbassevents.com)
Oct. 25: ASU Rotaract, AZ Veterans Fly Fishing Reps, Tue, 4:30 PM, Sun Lakes Rotary Club, 10502 E Navajo Pl, Sun Lakes (https://sunlakesrotary.com)
Oct. 27: Feed Trout in Indoor Stream at Bass Pro Shops, 1:30 – 2:00 PM, Bass Pro Shops, 1133 N Dobson Rd, Mesa (https://stores.basspro.com)
Now, 'Let's Talk Fishin' '
We are dedicated to advancing the sport of fishing through tournaments, youth activities, conservation, and educational events while exposing people to God's Great Creation. This allows future generations the opportunity to compete in the sport of fishing and for the individual to expand their fishing experience.
We provide a high return on the anglers' financial investment while running a professional circuit, using state-of-the-art equipment and having knowledgeable & experienced staff.
We strive for high fish release rates, so fish care is one of our top priorities.
Our desire is for all to have fun and have an experience of a lifetime.
LTF Fishing Tournaments
(LTF, Crappie, Couples and ABA) 2022-2023 Schedule https://www.letstalkfishin.com/ September 10, 2022 Roosevelt Lake – Windy Hill-BOBCAT
October 22, 2022 Roosevelt Lake – Windy Hill-BOBCAT
November 19, 2022 Roosevelt Lake – Windy Hill-BOBCAT
December 10, 2022 Roosevelt Lake – Windy Hill-BOBCAT
January 21, 2023 Roosevelt Lake – Windy Hill-BOBCAT *
February 18, 2023 Roosevelt Lake – Windy Hill-BOBCAT *
March 18, 2023 Roosevelt Lake – Windy Hill-BOBCAT *
April 1, 2023 Roosevelt Lake – Windy Hill-BOBCAT *
May 20, 2023 Roosevelt Lake – Windy Hill-BOBCAT *
May 20-21, 2023 Roosevelt Lake -Championship Qualifiers
Please scroll to the bottom of any article and leave us your outdoor experiences in the "Comments" section.
More Arizona Fishing Resources
Click here to see a list of AZ Lakes AZ Pros Stories on Western Outdoor Times.
Click here to see a list of AZ Lakes AZ Pros Stories on Arizona Boating & Watersports.
Arizona Rivers And Streams Publishers Note
© 2005-2022 Arizona Boating & Watersports. All Rights Reserved.