AZGFD 2022 Spring Hunt Applications
AZGFD Accepting Applications For 2022 Spring Hunts
October 1, 2021
Portal account needed to access draw results; automated phone service ends.
The Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) is accepting applications for 2022 hunt permit-tags issued through the draw process for spring turkey, javelina, bison, bear and raptor capture.
To apply, visit http://www.azgfd.gov and click on "Apply for a Draw." For an overview of the application service, including license requirements, applying for bonus points and payment information, see Page 8 of the "2022 Spring Turkey, Javelina, Bison, Bear and Raptor Capture Hunt Draw Information" booklet.
The booklet is posted online at http://www.azgfd.gov/hunting/draw. Printed versions soon will be available at all license dealers statewide.
The deadline for the department to receive all applications is 11:59 p.m. (Arizona time) Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2021.
In The Meantime -
• Applicants must possess a valid Arizona hunting license (or combination hunt and fish license) to apply online for a hunt permit-tag. That license must be valid on the last day of the online application period (Oct. 12). Licenses are available online, and at any AZGFD office or license dealers statewide. Note: When purchasing an Arizona hunting (or combination hunt and fish) license online, the license number will appear at the bottom of the customer's receipt. Don't throw it away! That license number will be required as part of the draw application process.
• Know your Department ID or Customer ID. This is a must to submit an application. There are three ways to locate a Department ID or Customer ID: Log into your AZGFD portal account, and click on "View Details" under "My AZGFD Dashboard;" check your hunting or combination hunt and fish license if it was purchased online; or call AZGFD at 602-942-3000 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Check your AZGFD portal account. This is the perfect time to review your personal data, including your application history and total bonus points (bonus, loyalty, hunter education). If something seems amiss, call AZGFD at 602-942-3000 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Open an AZGFD portal account. AZGFD portal accounts now are the sole source for finding out draw results and viewing bonus points. Customers are encouraged to create a portal account at accounts.azgfd.com/Account/Register, as family account features are now available, and complete the required fields. Draw results no longer will be provided through the automated phone system. Customers still have the option of finding out their draw results by waiting for hunt permit-tags to be delivered by the U.S. Postal Service.
• Plan to purchase PointGuard. This allows hunters to surrender their hunt permit-tag(s) for any reason without losing their bonus points. A portal account is no longer required to purchase PointGuard. Information: http://www.azgfd.gov/pointguard.
For more information, check out "What You Need to Know," a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs), at http://www.azgfd.com/Hunting/Draw/.
Note: Join our Conservation Membership program and ensure a wildlife legacy for the future.