Stroll Or Cruise Through The Magical Zoo Lights
January 1, 2021
For the first time in the history of the Phoenix Zoo, experience millions of twinkling lights and dazzling animal sculptures from the comfort of your own vehicle. Start your Cruise ZooLights adventure waving hello to Jengo and Tortuga at the Doornbos Discovery Amphitheater. Then cruise the newly added Outer Tropics Trail and enjoy the festive scenes of Polar Paradise in the Forest of Uco. Then experience the Africa Trail and see the all NEW Wildlife Lantern Safari, featuring 66 animals - polar bears, mammoths, koalas, kangaroos and more!
Due to amazing support and popularity, Cruise ZooLights (drive-thru) is opening up additional tickets on sold-out nights with a later entry time of 9 – 9:30 p.m. Additional tickets are limited and must be pre-purchased online. Remaining dates are January 3, 4, 9, 10, 15, 16, 21, 22, 27 and 28, 5:30 – 10:30 p.m.
Rules Of The Road
• Tickets (including kettle corn, hot cocoa, glow items and photo options) must be pre-purchased online. There will be a limit of 500 tickets sold per Cruise night.
• Dogs or other pets are not allowed inside your vehicle or the Zoo.
• Once a limit is reached on a particular night, interested guests must select another night.
• Tickets can be used anytime beginning at 5:30 p.m., but the last vehicle must be in line at 9:30 p.m.
• Vehicle size must be no larger than a full-size long bed truck. Max vehicle specs are: 266″ L x 81″ W x 74″ H.
• All Cruise ZooLights tickets are subject to availability and date specific.
• Cruise ZooLights tickets are non-replaceable and non-refundable.
• For guest safety, all tailgates, van/car doors and hatchbacks must remain closed at all times.
• Riding in the back of a pickup truck is not permitted.
• Remain in your vehicle during the entire tour.
• Please turn your headlights off and turn on your parking lights.
• Pull your side-view mirrors in toward your vehicle.
• Follow the guided route. The speed limit is a tortoise-like 4 mph.
• Do not shine bright lights into animal habitats and please note that items such as laser pointers and flashlights are not allowed.
• Loud noises are not permitted, including honking, music and yelling.
• The Zoo is a smoke-free facility, including electronic cigarettes.
• Keep everything in your car and when you leave Zoo grounds, properly dispose of your waste in a trashcan or recycle container.
• Face coverings will be required for anyone in the vehicle who is interacting with a Zoo staff upon entry and throughout your cruise.
• Tickets including food, beverage, souvenir gifts and photo options must be pre-purchased online.
• Restrooms are only available in the main parking lot. Be sure to go before you start your cruise.
• Headlights will need to be turned off during your cruise. Please familiarize yourself with your vehicle's light operations prior to your arrival.
• Tune into 1680 AM radio station to play the ZooLights soundtrack in your car.
• Your barcoded ticket(s) will be required for entry. If you did not receive your barcoded ticket(s), please contact TeamCallCenter@phoenixzoo.org prior to your visit.
• Peak arrival times tend to be 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. with potential wait times of 30+ minutes to get inside the Zoo. Please plan your arrival time accordingly.
Experience millions of twinkling lights, dazzling animal sculptures and the Music-in-Motion Light Show on our main lake, choreographed to the epic music of Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
Explore the newly added Outer Tropics Trail and enjoy the festive scenes of Polar Paradise in the Forest of Uco. Then walk the Africa Trail and see the all NEW Wildlife Lantern Safari, featuring 66 animals - polar bears, mammoths, koalas, kangaroos and more!
• Walk-Thru ZooLights is closed on Cruise nights.See calendar for Walk-Thru dates: https://www.phoenixzoo.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Walk-ZooLights-Calendar.pdf
• Times: 5:30-10:30 p.m., last entry at 9:30 p.m.
• For more information and to purchase tickets, visit