Coconino Parks & Recreation Changes
Coconino Parks & Recreation Announces Operational Changes
April 1, 2020
Coconino County Parks & Recreation is staffing its office virtually to help protect the team and the public during the COVID-19 pandemic. Virtual staffing at Parks & Recreation began on March 19 and will continue through at least April 1.
For inquiries about parks, natural areas and trails, the public is encouraged to call the Parks & Recreation's Administration phone number at 928-679-8000 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday, or email email@example.com. Phones and emails are being forwarded to staff working remotely who can assist with questions.
Parks & Recreation current updates included the following:
• Fort Tuthill County Park is one of two COVID-19 specimen testing sites in Coconino County, and specimen testing will be prioritized for public vehicular access.
• Snow play at Fort Tuthill County Park will remain closed through the rest of the 2020 winter season. Flagstaff Snow Park, which also is located at Fort Tuthill County Park closed for the 2020 season.
• Yellowman County Park in Tuba City was closed late last month.
• Restroom facilities at Fort Tuthill, Peaks View, Raymond and Sawmill county parks closed in March. Overall, other park amenities that include playgrounds, ramadas and picnic tables are not disinfected. Visitors are encouraged to utilize good hygiene practices both indoors and outdoors while recreating.
• Ramada rentals at the County's parks will be suspended through the off-season, which ends April 30. Current ramada reservation holders are being contacted and rescheduled. For anyone looking to make ramada reservations, please call our Administration phone number at 928-679-8000.
Please engage in social distancing if you head outdoors to practice mental and physical health. Parks, natural areas and trails managed by Coconino County are to remain open for public enjoyment, and you can find more information on things to do, both indoors and outdoors, on the parks and recreation website.