SeaWorld San Diego To Deliver Year-Round Fun In 2016
The SeaWorld Fun Card is the best way to see all the park's special events.
February 1, 2016
SeaWorld® San Diego has a boatload of reasons to visit the marine park again and again in 2016, starting off by ringing in the Lunar New Year with a special celebration in February.
Next, animal lovers will delight in Wild Days in March; Magic Weekends will leave guests spellbound in April; foodie and craft beer aficionados will find tasty delights throughout the park during seaworld's Seven Seas Food Festival; Summer Vibes will reverberate in the park's Mission Bay Theater in July and August; and in the fall, seaworld will celebrate Mexican heritage and culture with its new Fiestas Patrias.
Plus seaworld's traditional seasonal favorites are back including Summer Nights, Halloween Spooktacular® and Christmas Celebration®. All in all, there's a whale-sized list of reasons to visit seaworld all year long. These seasonal special events are included with park admission; but the best way to enjoy all the fun is to purchase a Fun Card, which allows guests to return over and over for the price of a single-day admission!
A Boatload Of Seasonal Events At seaworld In 2016
• In keeping with the Chinese tradition of wishing good fortune and happiness to family and friends, seaworld will celebrate with Lunar New Year at seaworld, select dates through Feb. 21. This celebration will feature Asian-inspired culinary offerings, traditional community performing groups and dynamic performances by the Chinese Acrobats of Hebei in our Mission Bay Theater.
• Guests can celebrate the natural world we share during seaworld Wild Days on weekends March 5 – 27. Visitors get up-close with seaworld's zoological team and learn firsthand the ways they can make a difference with their own everyday actions.
• Internationally headlining magicians will be featured each weekend as they bring their mystical and astounding shows to the Mission Bay Theater during Magic Weekends on weekends April 2 – May 1. Strolling magicians will also roam pathways captivating guests and make cameo appearances at some of the park's shows.
• Foodies and craft beer aficionados are going to love seaworld Seven Seas Food Festival on weekends May 7 – June 12. seaworld will create gastronomic adventures for guests who want to travel around the world through amazing culinary offerings. Local craft beers, gourmet wines and special musical entertainment round out these delicious weekends at the park.
• Guests can enjoy Turtle Reef™, Manta® and all their favorite SeaWorld® attractions by day and then stay late to take in Summer Nights (select dates May 28 – Sept. 5), featuring special shows under the stars like Shamu Celebration: Light up the Night and the hilarious Sea Lions Tonite, as well as the nighttime fireworks finale Celebrate the Wonder Fireworks Spectacular.
• SeaWorld® will reverberate with incredible performances during seaworld's Summer Vibes on select dates July 16 – Aug. 30. Three amazing international variety acts that have been featured on U.S. and British television competition shows will bring their amazing talents to the park's Mission Bay Theater over the course of this nine-week event.
• Mexican culture and heritage is celebrated with traditional food, music and dance at the park during Fiestas Patrias, an exciting three weekend festival Sept. 3 –18.
• During seaworld's Halloween Spooktacular®, kids can show up in costume and enjoy not-too-spooky entertainment such as a Halloween-themed sea lion and otter show, colorful costumed characters and trick-or-treating among a sea-inspired atmosphere. Halloween Spooktacular takes place weekends Sept. 24 – Oct. 30.
• SeaWorld's Christmas Celebration® returns even bigger and better Nov. 18, 2016 – Jan. 1, 2017. Guests can grab hot cocoa and experience shows including the inspiring Shamu Christmas Miracles featuring seaworld's family of killer whales; and the hilarious Clyde & Seamore's Christmas Special. Families can also enjoy the nightly lighting of the 40-foot animated tree and more.
Some Details For Visitors
SeaWorld® is open year-round including holidays. Parking is $16; $11 for motorcycles; $21 for RVs and up-close. Admission is $89 for ages 10 and older; $83 for ages 3–9; free for under 3.
Guests may enjoy all of seaworld's seasonal offerings in 2016 by purchasing a Fun Card, allowing them to visit the park over and over for the same price as a single-day admission. Park hours vary by season. Visit http://www.SeaWorldSanDiego.com or call (800) 257-4268 for hours and information.
seaworld Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: SEAS) is a leading theme park and entertainment company delivering personal, interactive and educational experiences that blend imagination with nature and enable its customers to celebrate, connect with and care for the natural world we share. The Company owns or licenses a portfolio of globally recognized brands including SeaWorld®, Shamu® and Busch Gardens®.
Over its more than 50-year history, the Company has built a diversified portfolio of 11 destination and regional theme parks that are grouped in key markets across the United States, many of which showcase its one-of-a-kind zoological collection of approximately 89,000 marine and terrestrial animals.
The Company's theme parks feature a diverse array of rides, shows and other attractions with broad demographic appeal which deliver memorable experiences and a strong value proposition for its guests.
seaworld Entertainment, Inc. is one of the world's foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal welfare, training, husbandry and veterinary care. The Company collectively cares for what it believes is one of the largest zoological collections in the world and has helped lead advances in the care of animals.
The Company also rescues and rehabilitates marine and terrestrial animals that are ill, injured, orphaned or abandoned, with the goal of returning them to the wild. The seaworld rescue team has helped more than 27,000 animals in need over the last 50 years.
Additional information about seaworld Entertainment, Inc. can be obtained online at http://www.SeaWorldEntertainment.com. Shareholders and prospective investors can also register to automatically receive the Company's press releases, SEC filings and other notices by email by registering at that Web site.