Top 10 Things to Do at Arizona State Parks
July 1, 2015
(Phoenix, AZ - July 1, 2015) - Get away from the sizzling temperatures and make a splash at one your State Parks on the Fourth of July weekend. Cool down and relax by swimming, water-skiing, BOATING, canoeing, fishing or kayaking. Wherever your adventure takes you, we hope to see you exploring at one of your Arizona State Parks. Although there are many things you can experience at a State Park, here are the top picks of some fun things to do with your family this weekend.
The Top 10 things to do this weekend in the State Parks:
1) Canoeing or kayaking at Dead Horse Ranch State Park (Cottonwood)
2) Experience a Cabin at lyman lake state park (St. Johns)
3) Hike the picturesque trails at Red Rock State Park (Sedona)
4) Catch a big one fishing at Roper Lake State Park (Safford)
5) Boating/Waterskiing at Lake Havasu State Park (Lake Havasu City)
6) Enjoying an Evening Concert at Catalina State Park (Tucson)
7) Historic Fourth of July Event at Tubac Presidio State Historic Park (Tubac)
State Historic Park (Flagstaff) or Ancient Indian Sites at Homolovi State
9) Go back in time at fort verde State Historic Park (Camp Verde) or
Jerome State Historic Park (Jerome)
10) Dragonfly Walk/Hike at Boyce Thompson Arboretum State Park (Superior)
Make a camping or RV reservation at AZStateParks.com or call (520) 586-2283. For more information on each park and to create your adventure, visit AZStateParks.com.
For information about all 28 Arizona State Parks, the Trails and Off-Highway Vehicle Programs and State Historic Preservation Office call (602) 542-4174 (outside of the Phoenix metro area call toll-free (800) 285-3703). Campsite reservations can be made online at AZStateParks.com or by calling the Reservation Call Center at (520) 586-2283. Open 7 days a week, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. MST. Follow AZStateParks on Twitter and Facebook.