State Parks Urge Campers To Visit
July 1, 2015
The State Parks in Arizona provide many opportunities for campers. Sue Black, executive director, said, "Come out and visit your State Parks ..., whether it's for a day trip or a weekend adventure."
Although there are many things you can experience at a State Park, here is a list of some fun things to do with your family:
• Waterskiing at lyman lake state park (St. Johns)
• Camping under the Stars at Alamo Lake State Park (Wenden)
• Swimming at Slide Rock State Park (Sedona)
• Cave Tours at Kartchner Caverns State Park (Benson)
• Soak in a Natural Hot Tub at Roper Lake State Park (Safford)
• Hopi Petroglyph Tours at Homolovi State Park (Winslow)
• Butterfly Walk at Boyce Thompson Arboretum State Park (Superior)
Be sure to book cave tours or campsites in advance by phone or the website, if possible. To make a reservation visit AZStateParks.com or call (520) 585-2283. For more information on each park visit AZStateParks.com.
For information about all 28 Arizona State Parks, the Trails and Off-Highway Vehicle Programs and State Historic Preservation Office call (602) 542-4174 (outside of the Phoenix metro area call toll-free (800) 285-3703). Campsite reservations can be made online at AZStateParks.com or by calling the Reservation Call Center at (520) 586-2283. Open 7 days a week, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. MST. Follow AZStateParks on Twitter and Facebook.