Bill Luke Bass Days
Fishing And Family
February 15, 2015
This year will mark the 17th annual BILL LUKE Bass DAYS event with significant changes being made in the event format. The event is focused on the family values of fishing and other outdoor activities. Not unlike other years the event still focuses on a 3-day fishing tournament, however, other venue events for family values entertainment and fun are scheduled. Over 20,000 visitors are expected over the course of the three day event.
· Daily activities will commence will flag rising, Color Guards provided by the USN.
· The second annual "Pre Owned Boat Show", display area space available for $25.00 per boat.
· Fishing and events registration will begin daily at 4:00 AM in our registration tent. Early registration available at the Bill Luke Dealership at I17 and West Camelback Road, the Sportsman's Warehouse, Phoenix and Mesa or http://www.billlukebassdays.com .
· bass fishing entry is $70.00 per day, plus options, for early registration or $80.00 at the lake. Sign the registration books at the Bill Luke Dealership and the Sportsman's Warehouse for the "Bonus Cash".
· Big Bass option is $25.00 per day; pay back is $1,000.00 for big fish of the day. (See payout schedule)
· Daily T-shirt option is $15.00 and pays another $1,000.00 per day. (See payout schedule)
· Hourly weigh-ins begins at 8:00 AM every hour until final weigh-in at 1:00 PM.
· Hourly weigh-in pays each hour $300 for 1st place, $100 for 2nd through 10th place.
· Prize for overall "Big Fish" is $10,000.00, $3000.00 for Second biggest Bass in cash payouts. Total Payout over $50,000 in CASH
· Option is $25.00 and has a separate weigh-in at 2:00 PM. Pay back is 100%. Fish that are not retained for angler consumption will be may be donated to AZ Game And Fish Abode Mountain Wildlife Center to feed the animals in rehabilitation and help reduce their annual food budget.
· Prizes and trophies will be provided for all the youth fishing the event regardless of fish caught. Kids 14 years old and younger fish free with a paid adult.
· ACCA will host a Channel catfish derby Fri/Sat daytime tournament, Flathead nighttime derby Saturday night weigh-in Sunday afternoon.
· Two days of Cornhole Tournaments, Team Competition on Saturday with Double Eliminations, Family Cornhole events on Sunday.
· City of Peoria will be conducting a "Desert Trail" 5K run through the scenic on campus trails on Sunday the 15th.
· A full blown free carnival will be on campus with a Ferris wheel and four other popular rides.
· SunState Helicopter Service will be on-site offering rides in the Raven R44 helicopter over the Lake Pleasant.
· AZ National Guard will be present with the SFC Hubbard's High Speed Hummer and static display. Met and greet our AZNG soldiers. Recruiters will be on hand to discuss the career opportunities the AZNG offers.
· The United States Coast Guard will have their Air Sea Rescue Helicopter on station on Friday afternoon, Saturday at noon performing a Search and Rescue demonstration in the Pleasant Harbor Marina, then to returning to San Diego base. USCG Recruiter will be hand to discuss career opportunities the USCG offers.
· US Coast Guard Auxiliary will be conducting boat safety inspections and displays. boating safety information will be available to the public.
Volunteer opportunities will be available to join the USCG Auxillary.
· The United States Navy will be on hand with sailors and USN Seals
· The scaled display model the USS ARIZONA be on static with the USN.
· The AZ Military Vehicles Collectors Club will provide classic military vehicles, trucks, jeeps and various vintage equipment displays.
· Asset static display from AZ Department of Transportation and Department of Public Safety will be set up.
· The AZ Department of Public Safety will have vintage and show "Squad" Cars on display with a "Possible" visit from the DPS Helicopter, missions depending.
· Fishing seminars will be held prior to daily awards with tips fishing Lake Pleasant.
· The Mopar Car Club, All Make and Models Car Club, Dodge Dart Car Club and C.A.R.S. Club form Sun City will be split for Saturday and Sunday. Two groups per day.
· Vintage open wheel dirt track cars from legend Billy Shuman will also be on display.
· AZ Game And Fish will have the Reptilian Display, Boat Safety, Sport Fishing Education with "Back Yard Bass" for the kids, operation game thief with the OGT display trailer, Aquatic Invasive Species and Adobe Mountain Wildlife Center will have all kinds of Wildlife on display.
· Space has been made for outdoor conservation organizations, 501 C3's to set up for public education on their conservation efforts and membership opportunities- AZ Deer Association, Southwest Fur Harvester's, The Bass Federation and Goodyear Bass, Big Game Forever.
· AZBFN-Goodyear Bass Club and TBF will conduct kid's casting events.
· Military groups will be on hand for tribute, "Heroes on Water" supported by Army Bass Anglers
· Food will be available from "Piggley's at the Fair" with selections for breakfast, lunch, dinner items along with other miscellaneous food snack, drink and novelty items.
· Entertainment, music, will be provided by the Duane Moore and Friends Friday night and Mogollon for Saturday evening's concert. Concerts hours from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM both nights.
· Vendor tent space is available with power in 10 x 10 or 10 x 20 areas.
· Dry vendors will be staged in the grass area without supplied power.
· Visit the Bill Luke RAM "Ride and Drive" test drive the new 2015 RAM truck, Motor Trend's "Truck of the Year", back to back champion for 2013, 2014, Guts, Glory, RAM!
· Other activities are currently being added as we continue to evolve.
· Concluding the daily activities, the flag will be formally lowered for the day.
· 24 hour Security will be on hand during the week of the event, the event campus is fully fenced.
· Dry camps and RV spaces are available, space is limited.
Our goal at Bill Luke Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, RAM remains to grow the event in coming years to provide a more fun packed three days of activities for the whole family with an emphasis of the family values in the outdoors venues.
The event is free except for parking and scheduled competition events with cash prizes. We invite the public to bring the family and enjoy the events at beautiful Pleasant Harbor RV Resort and Marina, Lake Pleasant, Peoria, AZ. This is a great opportunity to come out and meet and greet our mikitary other service members.
Don McDowell, Event Director
"Bill Luke Bass Days" 2014
623-221-7655, Direct Line