Deer, Deer, And More Deer
Another String Of Youth Camps Scheduled
November 15, 2014
Hunting and shooting sports Program Manager
Arizona Game And Fish Department
Nov. 21-23 kicks off another string of youth camps! If you're interested in visiting an event to get an idea of what they look like, want to help out – glass, cook, fire tending, etc., or just looking for a road trip with the family during this great weather, here are some great options. Details and contact information are below.
Also, don't forget it's small game season, so take advantage of flushing quail, running rabbits, jumping jackrabbits and ducks on cupped-wings. A good small game hunter makes a great deer hunter.
Nov. 20-23: MDF Unit 42 Junior Deer Hunter's
• Location: Wickenburg, Unit 42 Vulture Peak
• Hosted by: Arizona Mule Deer Foundation, Arizona Game and Fish
• Information: Terry Herndon, email@example.com; or Craig Heath, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nov. 20-23: MDF Unit 18B Junior Deer Hunter's
• Location: Wikieup, S.E. of Kingman, Unit 18B
• Hosted by: Arizona Mule Deer Foundation Kingman Chapter & Youth Outdoors Unlimited
• Information: John Beauchamp, email@example.com
Nov. 20-23: MDF Unit 33 Junior Deer Hunter's
• Location: Oracle area near Peppersauce Campground, Unit 33
• Hosted by: Arizona Mule Deer Foundation – Pinal Mountain Chapter
• Information: Steven Naranjo, firstname.lastname@example.org, (520) 705-7020
Nov. 20-23: AZSCI Junior's Deer Hunt Camp
• Location: SW of Tucson, Units 36A & 36B
• Hosted by: Arizona Chapter of Safari Club International
• Information: Bobby Boido, email@example.com, (520) 490-8367
Nov. 22-23: Free Family Predator Hunt
• Location: Double U Ranch near Tombstone, Unit 30B
• Hosted by: Huachuca Gould's Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation
• Information: John Millican at 520-508-4272, firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoorskills for a list of mentored events.
Visit http://www.azgfd.gov/hahwg to learn more about the Hunting and Angling Heritage Workgroup.