Arizona Game And Fish Earns 11 Communicator Awards
May 15, 2014
The 20th Annual Communicator Awards honored the Arizona Game and Fish Department’s Arizona Wildlife Views TV and Arizona Wildlife Views Magazine staff with 11 awards when winners were announced on April 29.
The Gold Communicator Awards of Excellence went to Arizona Wildlife Views Magazine, earning the top honor in the magazine/government category, and to David Majure’s “Glen Canyon Dam High-Flow Release,” the top award in the online documentary category.
Each of the following entries by Arizona Game and Fish earned an Award of Distinction and a Silver Communicator statuette.
• George Andrejko – Two Awards of Distinction in the photography category, a Coues’ whitetail and a brown trout
• Cecelia Carpenter – Award of Distinction for overall magazine design
• Ben Avechuco – “Bighorn Sheep Workshop” video Award of Distinction in the film/video nature/wildlife category
• David Majure – Three Awards of Distinction in the film/video nature/wildlife category: “Tracking Tortoises,” “Protecting Grand Canyon’s Humpback Chub,” and “Strength in Numbers,” a video about pronghorn management
• Carol Lynde – Two Awards of Distinction: “Moving Bighorn Sheep” video in the online documentary category and “Yarnell Fire Raccoon” in the film/video nature/wildlife category
The Communicator Awards is a leading international awards program recognizing big ideas in marketing and communications. Founded two decades ago, The Communicator Awards receives over 6,000 entries from companies and agencies of all sizes, making it one of the largest awards of its kind in the world.
Want to learn more about the award-winning Arizona Wildlife Views television show and award-winning Arizona Wildlife Views magazine?
The Arizona Wildlife Views television show includes fascinating video segments on Arizona’s wildlife and outdoor recreation. The show currently runs at 2 p.m. Tuesdays on KAET-TV (PBS 8) and also airs at various times on numerous cable television outlets around the state.
Arizona Wildlife Views magazine is published every other month and includes outstanding articles and photographs of Arizona’s wildlife and outdoor recreational opportunities. A one-year subscription (six issues) costs only $8.50. Get a subscription for yourself, or give one as a gift to a friend or family member.
To subscribe, call 1-800-777-0015 or visit http://www.azgfd.gov/magazine. You can also see sample stories at that web page.